Thursday, November 13, 2008

Back in Arizona

Only a month home and we are packed to go again. The kids and I are headed to Arizona for three weeks. Eric will be in Washington D.C. for the first week and then will join us in Arizona for the following weeks.

Week One. We stayed at my parents, Spencer and Pam Piller's home in Chandler Arizona. It was very relaxing except for all the homework Connor had. Poor kid. It makes me wonder what they're doing during class time? Connor attends a private school that has an accelerated learning program. He is doing algebra in the fifth grade. I think that borders on cruelty. Just Kidding, he is getting a first class education. Of course I am thrilled.

Connor hard at work drawing a picture for his platypus children’s book project titled, 'Who's new at the zoo?’

Connor after too much homework! Or too much sugar?

Meanwhile, Pearce has been examining his pizza for an hour with a very large magnifying glass.


My Mom in the kitchen baking. Seriously, she should have her own bakers boutique. But I am glad she doesn't cause that means more treats for me. I think I ate at least six of her cookies a day. I love my Mom's cookies. Thanks Mom.

Pearce in time out. And the only time out he requested to relive. Maybe he was waiting for a massage?

My Dad in his man cave, I mean office looking up new toys, hobbies or places to travel. Doesn't retirement sound great. On one of the days, my Dad kidnapped me for a Daddy-daughter date. We spent the day at the golfing range. My Dad taught me how to golf again. If I can only keep my head down, I could make some real money. Then, we laughed it all off over lunch. I love Daddy-daughter dates. Thanks Dad.

The gang at the Zoo. Both my kids are big animal lovers. So this day trip was a hit.

Check out the size of those horns. Is that natural? Sorry, we don't have bulls in Hawaii. Well, at least not on my Island.

This is a little flick showing how my boys like to pass the time. If they’re not playing guys, playing sports, or playing Kung Fu wrestle mania tickle matches.




We had a great time with my folks. The only thing that would have made it better...if Eric was with us to share in the joy. But with the holidays coming the joy is just getting started.

P.S. Grant and Amy too. Miss you.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

I love the picture of Pearce in time out...classic!

grcandia said...

What a great Thanksgiving!! Life is good isn't it?? Love you guys....

Gayla