Thursday, December 18, 2008

DTP turns 60

DTP is my father in-law, David Thomas Phillips. DTP was one of the main reasons we went to Arizona in November, to attend his legendary Birthday Bash. Every decade he and his best bud, Wayne Arnett reunite their band 'The Retreads' and rock out all night long with 500 of their closest friends.

Lt to Rt: Sue and Wayne, DTP and Jane.


DTP's biggest fans, Pearce and Joci, hit the dance floor yelling "what I like about you Papa". So you can hear the band play in the movie, go to the very bottom of blog to the automatic playlist and click once on sound icon to mute.



My sister in-laws and I got to join the band. We sang the choirboys parts in The Rolling Stones 'You can't always get what you want'. It was such an adrenaline rush. I always wanted to be in a band. Now I can check that one off. Thanks for the gig DTP.

Lt to Rt: DTP, Wendi, Kelsey, Camille and Camille.

Wendi and Kelsey. Don't we look like sisters?

With my parents, Spencer and Pam Piller.


DTP's 60th Birthday Bash was a hit. And everyone left with smiles and a beat to their step. Not just because they ate well and rocked out to the Retreads. But because, DTP is one of the most generous, talented, adventurous, honest and happy guys who just leaves you feeling good. And I have to add, he is definitely the coolest father in-law I could ever wish for. Love you Daddy-David!

P.S. Back in the day, DTP's band opened for the Monkeys, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, Credence Clearwater Revivals, and the Doors! Now that's cool.

0 comments: