Saturday, October 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Eric and I love to travel, but we also love to come home. How could we not, we live in Hawaii for the love. And, we have a new house with lots to do. First things first. Sleep. Unpack. Eat....

Pearce fell asleep playing with toys he missed. Pearce and Connor's beds/furniture from Pottery Barn had not yet come, so he's still sleeping on an air mattress. I don't think it made a difference to him. He was passed out, still holding Buzz Light Year upright.

Eric made breakfast omelets with my homemade salsa and guacamole while I unpacked everyone.

Our front door mat came from William Sanoma.

Our new couch came from Cisco Brothers care of Somace. Notice walls are white.

I think I like it better as separate pieces. And the walls are painted in Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage.

Next on the to do list.. paint the house. I started in the dining room.

Restoration Hardware's Blue Sage Paint. Hawaii doesn't have a Restoration Hardware and five different paint stores couldn't match it , so I had to order it online and have it shipped. Surprising Restoration Hardware ships to Hawaii.

Almost finished adding the drama to the dining room.

Restorations Hardware's Silver Sage is going in the kitchen and family room areas. I love this color. Also had shipped due to poor color matching.

Only painted the top portion of the kitchen, leaving the bottom for the glass back splash I ordered.

This is the glass back splash for the kitchen. It took several weeks for it to arrive, but once it did, it looked awesome!

A major part of our house's construction is the landscaping. We live on the side of a mountain and so need major rock retaining walls around our entire perimeter. And finding a rock wall contractor in Hawaii without a hiccup is next to impossible.

Starting on the right side of our house.







Just the beginning of this wall but a good start.

Lighting is also on the list. We need dining room lighting. I just couldn't find something I liked. But I finally settled on this one from West Elm. It's big enough to go over our table.

It's made out of Capri shells. I think it will fit the look and will break up the drama of the dark Blue Sage that's on the walls.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I was waiting for a "house" post from you! It looks so good so far! Love your paint colors. I'm with you in that you have to be in LOVE with your colors. Can't wait to see more!

Noelle said...

Great job with the home decor! I love it! Keep posting... :)