Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BFF


Late, yesterday evening aroung 10 pm while Pearce and I were laying on the floor surrounded by pillows and blankets watching the movie "Babe," Pearce turned to me, placed his small arm around me, and said with his big smile, "You my best friend forever." Stunned, I asked him, "What'd you say?" And he repeated, "You, Mom, my best friend forever!" Grinning ear to ear. At that moment I swear time stopped and I heard angels sing. I felt the most unbelievable happiness a mother could feel. All the puking, weight gain, labor pain, diapers, late nights, Barney episodes, suddenly were worth it ten times over. Thanks, Pearce, for making my day, week, month...two-and-a-half years!


As for where he learned that line...I have no idea. But it proves once again that at 2.5, they are more sponge than human.

8 comments:

Amy Piller said...

I love that kid he is so cute. I wish we lived closer so we could get to know him better.

Whitney said...

I love the nice things that kids say . . . not so much the mean things. :)

Eric, I don't know if Elliot responded to you when you left a comment on my blog a while back. He tried to leave a comment on my blog in response (he NEVER comments on my blog . . . congrats), but he couldn't figure it out and gave up. He says hello though.

Kari said...

So sweet! I love that! It does make all the blood, sweat and tears so worth it!

AZ Hey-mon said...

Wendi, just a little blog stalking and here you are. What a darling little fellow you have. You look great. I love seeing all you are up to.

Quach Thu Trang said...

Aww...sweet angel!
Miss you all!

grcandia said...

What a sweet, loving grandson I have.. Out of the mouth of babes!! I am so blessed with beautiful and kind grandchildren. Moments of pure joy are what life is all about. Love you all, I'm so looking forward to seeing you all soon.........
Gram Gayla 0x0x

Kyle said...

That is so sweet! I love those kind of moments...makes all the hard times worth it!

Heather B said...

Oh, Wendi, that's the cutest thing I've ever heard!!! Yay for mommyhood and the wonderful moments that make it all worth it.