Saturday, May 16, 2009

Random

This morning Pearce woke up and declared, " I had crazy dream in my entire life". He is so darn cute.



A
couple days ago, Pearce and I were at Nordstroms cafe eating their Tomato Basil soup. Out of nowhere, a guy comes over to our table and says, "You have the most handsome son." He then pulled a linty carrot stick from his coat pocket and offered it to Pearce, who just looked to me for instruction. Politely, I said, "No thank you." The man quickly replied, "Oh, that's okay, you probable shouldn't take food from a stranger anyway." And with that, the man dipped his linty carrot stick into my soup and ate it. I sat there completely frozen. Shocked. Stunned. His reaction? He decided to whip out another linty carrot stick from his coat pocket, dip it into my soup again, then try to feed it to me. FOR THE LOVE! My first thought was, OK, where's Ashton Kutcher? When I finally realized I wasn't being punk'ed, I stood up and waived over the nearest server, then turned to him and said, "You know, you really shouldn't be dipping your carrots into other peoples' soup." He quickly fled into the Nordstoms. When the server came over, I informed her that there was a man loose in the cafe, dipping his linty carrots into peoples' soup. I was met with a blank expression. I think she thought I was punking her. Eventually, the Manager came over and after a few more times of me telling her about my violated soup, she believed me. The manager's response was to mobilize her two fastest servers into the Nordstroms to hunt the linty carrot dipper down. Unfortunately they came back empty handed. He was nowhere to be found. The manager was so horrified that this happened on her watch. She quickly replaced our tainted coat pocket linty carrot soup with fresh bowls and apologetically gave her business card with valid for one complimentary meal scribbled on the back.

Honestly, I am starting to believe I'm a crazies magnet. Why? Maybe I am too nice, too approachable, or maybe I'm just always in the wrong place at the wrong time. I am really not sure, but I do know I could write a book on 'crazies' who have randomly stumbled into my life. If you can commiserate with me, or you've seen the linty carrot dipper yourself, I would love to hear all about your 'crazies.'

7 comments:

Heather B said...

That is SO BIZARRE!!!!! (Glad you got a free meal out of it...but still!) Pearce is so cute, that's adorable that he said that. I hope we get to see you next week. Wednesday at Pae Thai?

Amber said...

Unreal! I might expect to hear about this experience when you are traveling to who knows where--but this was in the US of A?!

Wendi and Eric said...

Heather, count us in!

AZ Hey-mon said...

Wow, beyond bizarre. I can absolutely here you giving him, the obvious to everyone else on the planet instruction of appropriate carrot dipping.

Mel said...

I want to hear more of your crazy stories! I was cracking up....only you. You are also, probably one of the only people on earth who would have handled it that way and gotten a free meal out of it!

Amy Piller said...

That is so crazy, I don't know what I would have done!

Noelle said...

Pearce said that? Too cute! As for your carrot-dipping-soup violator experience....I don't know what I would have done! Scary... I must say though, you handled it pretty well. :)