Friday, August 27, 2010

Salon Day

There are two very different ways to get your hair cut in Vietnam. One is a guy who hangs a 5 by 2 inch mirror from a tree, or the second is a full salon experience, including an hour head massage, a manicure, pedicure and cucumber facial. Today, Eric and Pearce had the full salon experience while I had my legs waxed.


This guy is one of the upper market street barbers. His mirror is large.

Eric is having his one hour head massage.

While all the salon girls play with Pearce.

Peace's pedicured toes, and below, manicured hands, upon which they applied clear nail polish.

I only went to Anthony George for London Hair and beauty for color and cut. Ask for Anthony he is the best and fun to chat with. He knows everyone in Vietnam. And has the buzz on everyone.

The Spa at the Intercontinental Hotel.

Pearce took this picture of me getting a Pedicure.

Pearce is a dream to take. Especially if I have the Itouch for him to play with.

I have to say our favorite event in Saigon, other than eating, is getting a massage. It was, however, hard to find a massage place that would massage a pregnant girl. Several places turned me away because of a belief that massaging me would A) induce labor or B) make my baby stupid. At least they cared. But at last we found an establishment willing to take the risk. My Spa, 15C4 Thi Sach Street. District 1, HCMC. My favorite masseuse was Massage Lady No. 10. We went once or twice a week. At 10 dollars for 2 hours (with tip) how could you not.

0 comments: