Monday, August 30, 2010

You and Me Night

This is Eric. Ever since Pearce was 2, he and I have had what he calls "you-and-me-night" once a week. (He'll wake up and immediately ask me, Is tonight you-and-me-night). We'll leave the house, or sometimes stay in if Wendi has somewhere to go, and party it up. We'll go to the beach, do a night hike, go to a movie, play video games, or sometimes just play guys for three hours. With the exception of my bi-month date with Wendi, there's nothing I look forward to more. In Saigon, you-and-me-night was off the hook, mainly because activities were so cheap, but also because what ever activity we did we had to ride motorcycles to get there, which meant Pearce got to pretend he was Batman, or Spiderman, shooting all the other drivers.






Bumper cars




Games were especially cool because, for the first time in my life, I could afford to win the entire game. Granted, I recognized most of the games from my youth. But Pearce didn't know the difference. We'd usually conquer the entire game for under $3.

0 comments: